- VALLI RY
Technology for the Elderly Centre – supporting the good everyday life of the elderly
The Technology for the Elderly Centre is a centre of expertise, which assembles and shares information and experiences related to technology for the elderly. We promote the collaboration between different operators , and influence the needs of elderly users being taken into consideration in technological development work, and in social discussions. Technology belongs to everyone!
The Technology for the Elderly Centre is a part of the work of Valli, the Finnish Union for Senior Services. The work is financed by STEA (Funding Centre for Social Welfare and Health Organisations).
What does the Technology for the Elderly Centre do?
- Collects and distributes information, know-how, experiences and methods related to elderly technology.
- Increases collaboration between organisations, experts, and developers.
- Coordinates functional networks around this topic.
- Jointly develops and distributes the good practices of elderly technology.
- Organises seminars, themed training sessions, excursions, and compiles guides and reports.
Our services for the elderly
We are working for the elderly to be full members of the technology society. We want the elderly to be aware of the opportunities of technology, and the potential uses it has, and utilising more solutions brought along by technology.
- new information about technological solutions, to support a good everyday life.
- impact and participation opportunities for developing technology.
- elderly people's own network and user panel.
Our service for organisations, experts, and service providers
We support organisations and other expert groups in providing information to the elderly about technological solutions and their implementation.
- We collect information and provide support with using elderly technology, and the implementation and distribution of good practices.
- We promote the collaboration between relevant projects and activities.
- We organise joint development and assessment activities.
- We highlight and distribute good elderly technology practices.
- We enable to achieve a coherent and compact channel of influence.
Our services to businesses and other developers
We help the developers of technological devices, services and solutions to acknowledge the needs and the user experiences of the elderly in their development work.
- We produce and collect information about the elderly as users of technology, and about the good practices in the implementation of elderly technology.
- We provide user experiences of the elderly, and expert consultations to support product development work.
- We provide visibility for developed solutions.